1994-05-11 - Re: MIT TOC SEMINAR–ADI SHAMIR–MONDAY–MAY 16–4:15pm

Header Data

From: Alan Wexelblat <wex@media.mit.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 16176932359865a442c2e52b9d9f9281acb0098099b39d3a4b4f32e839e84763
Message ID: <9405111509.AA16855@spike.media.mit.edu>
Reply To: <199405091413.AA29156@dove.lcs.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-11 15:09:27 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 May 94 08:09:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Alan Wexelblat <wex@media.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 08:09:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: MIT TOC SEMINAR--ADI SHAMIR--MONDAY--MAY 16--4:15pm

[Even though I'm no longer on the list, I will continue to forward talk
announcements on crypto-related topics to the list... as long as no one
objects.  As always, if you need more information about this seminar, please
email joanne@theory.lcs.mit.edu.  --Alan Wexelblat]

>                         Monday, May 16, 1994
>      Refreshments at 4:00pm, Talk at 4:15pm in NE43-2nd Floor Lounge
>
>                        ``Visual Cryptography''
>                            by Adi Shamir
>                  The Weizmann Institute of Science
>
>                               ABSTRACT
>
>In this talk we consider a new type of cryptographic scheme, which
>encodes visual information (printed text, handwritten notes, pictures,
>etc) in a perfectly secure way which can be decoded directly by the
>human visual system without any cryptographic computations or knowhow.
>We extend it into a visual variant of the k out of n secret sharing
>problem, and analyse the combinatorial aspects of such codes.
>
>Joint work with Moni Naor.
>
>Host: Ron Rivest

Thread