1994-05-04 - TLAs, etc.

Header Data

From: Carl_Ellison@vos.stratus.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1b47c6c2893458fed4f591c88f00d409f40d1461d051f34adcdcf2ed277995ec
Message ID: <199405041527.LAA03247@transfer.stratus.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 4 May 94 08:30:24 PDT

Raw message

From: Carl_Ellison@vos.stratus.com
Date: Wed, 4 May 94 08:30:24 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: TLAs, etc.

> Jim Miller says:
> >
> > My hypothesis:  The TLAs could shut down the cypherpunks mailing list
> > (as it now exists) by dragging all the U.S. list members into court.
> > The TLAs would probably lose the case, but they would still do a lot
> > of damage to the lives of the U.S. list members.
> >

> ::Gulp:: Don't give 'em any ideas..
>
>  -- Jane Doe, subscriber, Cypherpunks List :) ;)

..one solution to a heavy mailing list... :-)

Actually, we might try inviting such prosecution -- e.g., with each of us
posting source code for some algorithm to the list.  This is so clearly
publication (ala newsletters on paper) that the case would never hold but
it wouldn't hurt to have a court rule.

Thread