1994-05-16 - Re: macPGP

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1caafa0d4cc82b25d0a8423236f1bd8f1a2254e071b5e29379a7b81caae3071a
Message ID: <9405161543.AA27175@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <9405161641.AA07176@cmyk.warwick.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-16 15:43:58 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 May 94 08:43:58 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 08:43:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: macPGP

Christoph Pagalies) (by way of habs@cmyk.warwick.com (Harry Shapiro) says:
> HH> Since that doesn't allow us to verify the code
>
> If heard that argument quite often, but do you really intend to examine
> all of the sources?

I tend to. I usually only look at diffs between successive versions.

In any case, the point is more about the capacity to examine the
sources more than anything. Even if one has not personally examined
them, the fact that others may examine them is a deterrent to
tampering at the release level. I don't believe in releasing
cryptography or other security software without sources.

Perry

Thread