1994-05-25 - Re: Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

Header Data

From: jpp@jpplap.markv.com (Jay Prime Positive)
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 3b10da115c1764f600ed309c100d3bf4305579fccfc9c8de358fc69a8c60bd2a
Message ID: <m0q6AwJ-0003pXC@jpplap>
Reply To: <9405242211.AA03230@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-25 05:52:35 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 May 94 22:52:35 PDT

Raw message

From: jpp@jpplap.markv.com (Jay Prime Positive)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 22:52:35 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: Graph isomorphism based PK cryptosystems?

   Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 18:11:51 -0400
   From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>

   There was a powerful result a while back concerning public key systems
   based on NP complete problems

Hmm.  Was it the set of 'super increasing' knapsack problems?

   It would be cool to hear about your graph isomorphism based system in
   any case.

I only worry that if I publish, it could be patented.  And I don't
want the algorithm to end up in the hands of the software patent
folks.  Especially if they will be making money off it, and I wont.

Solutions?

   Perry

Thread