1994-05-10 - Re: A CC of my letter to Gelernter@cs.yale.edu

Header Data

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Message Hash: 4242f83f5dfbbbcd01d704f2cd3c367d69d4b4ac7fe3e0c463c4a1ea874a2b78
Message ID: <9405102111.AA08239@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <9405102049.AA08064@vail.tivoli.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-10 21:11:54 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 May 94 14:11:54 PDT

Raw message

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Tue, 10 May 94 14:11:54 PDT
To: Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) <dave@marvin.jta.edd.ca.gov>
Subject: Re: A CC of my letter to Gelernter@cs.yale.edu

Dave Otto (the Wizard of TOTOSoft) writes:
 > Mike McNally says:
 >  > a chip whose production is subsidized by the government would probably
 >  > be pretty cheap.         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >
 > Your tax dollars at work.

True, of course, but looking at things as they are today a lot of my
tax dollars are long gone into the pockets of the contractors and NSA
people who did the design.  A commercial product not using Clipper is
at a disadvantage from the get-go.  Seems to me this is already true,
and short of exploiting the "investment gap" created in the Clipper
project by the inherent waste and inefficiency of Government-driven
projects, it'd be tough.  Certainly, there's a tremendous marketing
problem (which, I realize, our evangelism might help ameliorate).

--
| GOOD TIME FOR MOVIE - GOING ||| Mike McNally <m5@tivoli.com>       |
| TAKE TWA TO CAIRO.          ||| Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX:        |

Thread