1994-05-12 - Re: Cypherpunks Goals: Bad debate drives out good debate

Header Data

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 45d8c332907adb6dd78e4bfa2f517054f8b631e64b7cc6c6b570a942a943243a
Message ID: <199405120448.VAA03068@infinity.hip.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <199405120237.TAA17015@netcom.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-12 04:50:52 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 May 94 21:50:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Sameer <sameer@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 21:50:52 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks Goals: Bad debate drives out good debate

	Good post. Here's a reply. =)

Tim said:

> What is going on?

	You have a good summary of what's going on. Personally I've
found it useful to create a filter for my cypherpunks mail to send
posts from people whom I respect more into a seperate folder such that
the signal-to-noise ratio in that folder is higher. When I have more
time I read the folder with the lower signal-to-noise ratio, but I
often do not have those resources.
	I don't really have to deal with bad posts because I don't see
most of them unless I have some extra time on my hands... Others
interested in rational discussion and debate and actual-doing-things
might find this a useful technique.

Thread