1994-05-02 - Fenced DES

Header Data

From: David C. Taylor <dct@newt.cs.byu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5704080901b8c6a9bf219a0cd31d04c5cd56e6eb9ebf32417bec4f1e9fab136c
Message ID: <9405021409.AA25562@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 07:10:02 PDT

Raw message

From: David C. Taylor <dct@newt.cs.byu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 07:10:02 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Fenced DES

Sorry about the off topic post - I have had trouble getting to the list and
needed to test with a short message of interest to at least three people on
the list.  Here is my real question:  Is source code to Fenced DES (re the
article posted by Terry Ritter about 2 weeks ago) available anywhere? If not,
is there other printed work that would shed more light on how it works (i.e.,
things like the best way to fill the 32K of substitution blocks at the beginning
and end, any attacks and their success, etc.  I will be acquiring my copy of
Applied Cryptography this week, so if all neccessary answers are in there, I
will find them on my own.  Thanks for the help.

dct@newt.cs.byu.edu

Thread