1994-05-16 - Re: Combatting 2.6

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: “Robert A. Hayden” <hayden@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
Message Hash: 5db6fbe857fed6c4881548186718e8247a8f90a74b7318387a9f8899c75d468f
Message ID: <9405162045.AA28253@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9405161550.A13927-0100000@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-16 20:46:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 May 94 13:46:10 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 13:46:10 PDT
To: "Robert A. Hayden" <hayden@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
Subject: Re: Combatting 2.6

"Robert A. Hayden" says:
> One of the ways we might be able to get the general public to not want to
> use the MIT version of 2.5/2.6 would be to get the various professional
> organizations, such as the EFF or CPSR to take a stand questioning the
> security and agenda behind 2.6.

I'm sure the security is fine. The agenda is probably just Jim Bidzos
getting petty revenge for PRZ having annoyed him. I see nothing
sinister here, although I do see some things that are stupid.
Deliberately sabotaging functionality is not acceptable.

Perry

Thread