1994-05-03 - Re: WSJ article on PGP

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Jim Sewell <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Message Hash: 66f3f78a751e0115b1fc6f475097e4561092a243d6d0c9fa59a6dd8d2722cf5d
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9405021627.A8461-a100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <9405021414.AA09520@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-03 01:49:28 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 18:49:28 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 18:49:28 PDT
To: Jim Sewell <jims@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
Subject: Re: WSJ article on PGP

On Mon, 2 May 1994, Jim Sewell wrote:

> > computer makers to build into their machines hardware that would allow
> > law-enforcement agencies to decipher any code that was used.  The proposal
> > outraged confidentiality-minded corporations and computer users alike.
> > Eventually, it was dropped.
>
> 	Can you say Clipper boys and girls?  I thought you could.

Jim, this was a reference to the original Digital Telephony Bill which was
dropped.  The current one has no sponsors yet either.

DCF

If the government doesn't trust us with our weapons, why should we trust
them with theirs.

Thread