1994-05-25 - Re: MIT has released PGP

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Message Hash: 6cb871be77ecf6afe3c1bbe0db8c9bda552a72f41ef2200f2eb4f4df5a38e69a
Message ID: <199405250943.AA20817@panix.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 May 94 02:43:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 02:43:51 PDT
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Subject: Re: MIT has released PGP

R.>the following questions:

R.>Are you a citizen or  national of the United States  or a person who
R.>has  been lawfully admitted   for permanent residence  in the United
R.>States under the Immigration and Naturalization Act?

Wait a goddamned minute.  Since when does the ITAR prevent illegal aliens
(who are resident in the US) from obtaining munitions?  And what about our
Canadian bretheran?  I guess they didn't want to register as a munitions
seller which I gather you have to do if you export to Canada.

DCF

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165

Thread