1994-05-24 - Re: compatibility with future PGP

Header Data

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 74e96116a6b5667cc6b208dbc706e7fa089efc82855e57123d5184070a10cf70
Message ID: <9405241733.AA12507@fnord.lehman.com>
Reply To: <9405241706.AA02531@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-24 17:34:31 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 24 May 94 10:34:31 PDT

Raw message

From: Rick Busdiecker <rfb@lehman.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 10:34:31 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: compatibility with future PGP

    Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 13:06:22 -0400
    From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>

    There are 250 million people in the U.S., which constitutes under
    1/20th of the Earth's population.

These statistics are somewhat misleading given that the vast majority
of users that are on the net are in the U. S.  I suspect that the same
is true for computer users in general, but I'm much less certain.

I agree that this legal silliness is unfortunate, but I don't think
that it's especially terrible that Adam would like to be able to
advocate PGP use at work without putting himself at risk.

I think it's great that patches are coming out to bridge the gaps
between 2.3 and 2.6 from either direction.  It's also nice that the
newer versions of PGP appear to have a propensity toward travel :-)

			Rick

Thread