1994-05-28 - Re: removed from list….

Header Data

From: ddt@lsd.com (Dave Del Torto)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 74faf74f494ea663e94fd9e1fb5c2873abfbcfb3a52a99291adaa30e9f6caab2
Message ID: <199405281445.HAA20195@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 28 May 94 07:45:40 PDT

Raw message

From: ddt@lsd.com (Dave Del Torto)
Date: Sat, 28 May 94 07:45:40 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: removed from list....

>there was a mass unsubscribing, probably from nalbandian.

Can't Majordomo implement passwords for individual users so that only
*they* can unsub themselves?  It seems ironic that the Cypherpunks list
would be vulnerable to this sort of "attack" from miscreants like [insert
bozo-of-choice here].

As an aside: I've set up a filter that immediately trashes anything from
the above-mentioned "person."  I just don't need that kind of noise.

   dave

ssibly, PGP 2.6 is doing a great deal more longer term
>damage to the viablity of PGP than is immediately obvious. Is this a
>valid viewpoint ?

Absolutely valid, Matthew: I recommend that we do our best to resolve what
will be done to counter this tactical move against PGP here on this list -
without spreading confusing rumors around to the benefit of RSA Labs - and
meanwhile provide a simple, patched version of 2.3 for all platforms that
both offers fully-2.6-compatible ciphertext and 2.6-impersonating keys.

   dave

Thread