1994-05-03 - Re: Chimerically Misquoted

Header Data

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
To: Jim Sewell <jims@central.keywest.mpgn.com>
Message Hash: 762dddea4c0d3f9edaae00174ce08fd547591f7f483b762305cfd3cd7e65ff0c
Message ID: <9405031048.aa03861@deeptht.armory.com>
Reply To: <9405031359.AA03691@Central.KeyWest.MPGN.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-03 17:49:30 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 May 94 10:49:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 10:49:30 PDT
To: Jim Sewell <jims@central.keywest.mpgn.com>
Subject: Re: Chimerically Misquoted

> 	People like was meant to be taken as "High visibility".  Saying
> 	that people like Joe say "Coke is it" is not a misquote, even if
> 	Joe never said the word 'Coke'.

I stand corrected.  BTW- "Cypherpunks" has a ring to it the media loves
to exploit.  Maybe we should consider changing the name of the group to
bit.nerd.weenies and avoid public scrutiny ;)  Or maybe this really is
about crypto-anarchy.

The US gov't position on anarchy is someone must speak for the anarchists.
That's how they made Red Cloud the spokesperson for the Lakota tribes.  The
only person Red Cloud had the authority to speak for when he signed the
Ft. Laramie treaty of 1868 was Red Cloud, as far as the Lakota Nations were
concerned.

Just a piece of history.  The US gov't insists an anarchy conform to its
paradigm of centralized leadership and singular spokesperson.  I prefer to
think and speak for myself, thank you.
--
PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

* eagle@deeptht.armory.com			email info@eff.org *
*** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

Thread