1994-05-31 - Re: New MacPGP2.3a has arrived.

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Message Hash: 7c6ec58df7c5fddbd83045a96417ddf2d30234c66e265becc48d572288ce5619
Message ID: <9405312347.AA17902@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199405311959.MAA11270@netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-31 23:49:45 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 May 94 16:49:45 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 16:49:45 PDT
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Subject: Re: New MacPGP2.3a has arrived.

James A. Donald says:
> Perry E. Metzger writes
> > [offensive ranting deleted]
> > I know that many people assume that others will drop everything and
> > immediately start doing whatever they ask, but frankly, why should *I*
> > care? I don't even own a Mac ferchrissake.
>
> This little rant would sound better if it came from one of the
> cypherpunks that had actually written some code on some machine
> recently.

I love James Donald.

I'm probably one of the few people on this list who is actively
involved in cryptography as a business, albeit in a startup capacity.

> I recommend that Perry eat a pizza supreme with double cheese
> and salami.

Most people wouldn't understand your reference, so I'll explain. I'm a
vegan. James thinks that he's making himself sound more impressive by
being personally insulting. Unfortunately, he doesn't understand that
I don't insult easily -- certainly the suggestion that I eat meat and
cheese isn't terribly stinging. I can take consolation in the fact
that James is likely accumulating cholesterol plaques in his arteries
as we speak, and I am thus likely to outlive him.

Perry

Thread