1994-05-02 - Re: Security Consult. Needed

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Ed Carp <ecarp@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 81754f945a5f2d8040adf0b77b1594eea0002c9a484fd01bec51911a68cacfda
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9405021032.A13161-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9405020947.A28464-0100000@netcom10>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-02 17:59:59 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 10:59:59 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 10:59:59 PDT
To: Ed Carp <ecarp@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Security Consult. Needed

C'punks,

On Mon, 2 May 1994, Ed Carp wrote:

> . . .
> You mean, marketing PGP to criminals?
> . . .
> Be careful with this line of reasoning.  If you market PGP to a crook for
> the explicit purpose of keeping his illegal activities hidden from the
> cops, you violate at least two different laws.  It's like selling lock
> picks to a known burglar.  You could be prosecuted for conspiracy, aiding
> and abetting, and whatever they call interference with a police
> investigation nowadays.

Those of you who do not know Duncan Frissell personally, cannot imagine
the elfin smile he surely displayed as he penned his original post.
Humor, too, has its place in our struggle.  Try to keep up, Ed.

 S a n d y

Thread