1994-05-06 - Re: Clipper and Congress (fwd)

Header Data

From: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com (Jim Nalbandian)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 893966dfa327a36f46855cf569c2497ef650396d4bdc163d9676dadadb0822b1
Message ID: <178@lassie.lassie.uucp>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 May 94 01:03:08 PDT

Raw message

From: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com (Jim Nalbandian)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 01:03:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Clipper and Congress (fwd)

>  I wonder if these Representatives (and Senators for that matter) would be
>  so supportive of Clipper if they were reminded that for it to be effective
>  even THEY would have to have the chip on THEIR HOME PHONES, THEIR OFFICE
>  PHONES, THEIR CELLULAR PHONES...
>
>  I doubt many Congressional members are "clean" enough to support a chip
>  with such a threat over their lives.

Hve you ever been inside IRONMAN or IRONMAN2. The governments
sophistication with secure methods of sending voice and data are
SECURE. IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE THAT THE CONGRESSMEN
OR SENATORS WOULD STOOP TO SOMETHING THAT WASN'T SECURE THEN I HAVE
A CLIPPER CHIP WITHOUT A BACK DOOR I WANT TO GIVE YOU.

People for cryptography/cryptography for people

--
          * Spelling errors are intentional and international *
        Jim Nalbandian       netcomsv!lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com

Thread