1994-05-03 - Re: A distribution solution!

Header Data

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
To: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com
Message Hash: 8f7e730fbde9e50e8ab358b72f7f4567c338b7fceaf011557bb56c6457f60057
Message ID: <9405022343.aa07409@deeptht.armory.com>
Reply To: <157@lassie.lassie.uucp>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-03 06:43:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 2 May 94 23:43:18 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Davis <eagle@deeptht.armory.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 94 23:43:18 PDT
To: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com
Subject: Re: A distribution solution!

> It is often stated that PGP is available on numerous Internet FTP sites and
> many BBS's. The average person knows as much about FTP sites as they hear
> on the evening news about the information superhighway. They may  keep
> financial books or maybe write books on their computer but they do not have
> substantial online experiance and they may have a need for secure data
> encryption or secure way to send data to a publisher, business partner etc.
> not access these. How could people change this I wonder?

The EFF infobot for Adam Gaffin's Big Dummies Guide is <bdguide@eff.org>.  It
contains instructions on how to anonymous ftp.  An up to date list of sites to
fpt PGP from is available in the crypto section.

> People talk about handing PGP or other crypto software out but there is a
> substantial cost to the return of each disk. 1 disk=one user. In my opinion
> the easy way to do it would be this:

We made PGP 2.3a available at the Armory and even have the docs for those who
need them.

> They now know where and how to precisely find the stuff and what it does.
>         Jim Nalbandian       netcomsv!lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com

What Jim said...
--
PGP PUBLIC KEY via finger!  JAFEFFM  Speaking & Thinking For Myself!

* eagle@deeptht.armory.com			email info@eff.org *
*** O U T L A W S  On The  E L E C T R O N I C  F R O N T I E R ****
***** Committed to Free Public Internet Access for World Peace *****

Thread