1994-05-06 - Re: Keyserver service outage (fwd)

Header Data

From: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com (Jim Nalbandian)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9cb5c691e174e4cce1e3b3b7024b1551b00cdd75bd37354de543739e7ee40bdb
Message ID: <181@lassie.lassie.uucp>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 May 94 01:03:57 PDT

Raw message

From: lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com (Jim Nalbandian)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 01:03:57 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Keyserver service outage (fwd)

/ | It is my understanding that folk outside the USA can legally run
/PGP | versions from 2.0 to 2.3a, but cannot legally run Viacrypt
/2.4 or the | RSAREF-based version 2.5, because they contain code
/that cannot be | exported from the USA.  Thus, it appears that the
/keyserver will not | accept any legally created keys from outside
/the USA.  I think that this | is a bad thing.
/
/        I think folks outside the US can legally run 2.4 or 2.5, as
/there are no restrictions in their countries on using that
/software. The difficulty is getting it outside of the US without
/getting anyone in trouble.

I think if cryptography is illegal it does't mater a FUCK what
version the program is. Insure against the inevetable by
distributing to the DUMM FUCK CLUELESS COMPUTER USERS THAT ARE NOT
AS FUCKIN' COOL AS YOU ARE. Power to the people/power in the people

--
          * Spelling errors are intentional and international *
        Jim Nalbandian       netcomsv!lassie!jim%lassie@netcom.com

Thread