1994-05-12 - Encryption metaphor in Monty Python

Header Data

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ab86818b3f79bf0f692b7b6c6efdca5a98001271e0319a73c93ad75d023525ac
Message ID: <199405122042.NAA25065@servo.qualcomm.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 May 94 13:42:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 94 13:42:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Encryption metaphor in Monty Python

Recently I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail again for the Nth
time. At the very end of the movie, as the police arrest King Arthur
and Sir Bedevere and break up the attack against the French castle,
one of the officers accosts a knight. Grabbing the knight's shield,
the officer says "Hey, that's an offensive weapon, that is!"

I'd say that pretty much sums up the government's attitude toward
cryptography, doesn't it? :-)

Phil

Thread