1994-05-05 - Server clusterfuck

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ad9ad528110b4124e4b35256452ea80e8a9cc85711b34fcfd59c2da12d7a97d7
Message ID: <199405050708.AA18444@access1.digex.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 5 May 94 00:08:49 PDT

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 00:08:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Server clusterfuck

->
From: Derek Atkins <warlord@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>

Sigh... You know, when things are on a delicate balance, a single
message sent too soon can really screw things up.

I can tell you for certain that your questions *will* be answered in
due time, please wait for the final arrangements to be made.  No, PGP
2.5 is *NOT* available (this second).  Yes, there is one in the works,
and I expect it Real Soon Now.

Also, please do not condemn Bal or his keyserver for not accepting
keys from versions of PGP before 2.4 -- as I understand it, that was
part of the agreement in order to make 2.5 happen, but I really don't
know all the details.
<-

Then this should have be stated in the "press release" message he sent.
As should have the details, what were available, of the PGP 2.5 release.
The fact that the limitations on the keyserver were imposed only makes
me wonder more.

I hope the code of 2.5 is looked at real carefully.

-uni- (Dark)

Thread