1994-05-05 - Re: Anonymous phone calls.

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: Greg Broiles <greg@ideath.goldenbear.com>
Message Hash: ae2c672a57d644eb1940184f2e35c983ae631436103aee5b1cf63fc798c30862
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9405050931.A27286-a100000@panix.com>
Reply To: <m0pz1pA-0001WuC@ideath.goldenbear.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-05 13:08:47 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 5 May 94 06:08:47 PDT

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 06:08:47 PDT
To: Greg Broiles <greg@ideath.goldenbear.com>
Subject: Re: Anonymous phone calls.

On Thu, 5 May 1994, Greg Broiles wrote:

> Don't forget our friend Mister Payphone. Not stylish, but still
> relatively anonymous. Also useful may be the pre-paid calling cards;
> Pat Townson (sp?), the Telecom Digest moderator, was selling them
> for awhile. I understand they're also available in truck stops and
> on college campuses, but can't remember seeing them. (Haven't gone
> looking, though). I've got a few of the ones that Pat was selling

Any place that handles Western Union Money Transfers (one in every town at
least) will also sell the new Western Union Phone card ($5-$50
denominations).  Call an 800# punch the codes on the card in and get a
dial tone.  Costs about 60 cents a minute but worth it if you need it.

DCF

"Why did William Jefferson Blythe Clinton accept a Rhodes scholarship when
women (and non Commonwealth citizens) were excluded from same?  Sounds like a
racist, sexist, bigoted, and (for all we know) homophobic act to me."

Thread