1994-05-19 - Lunch Tuesday at Atlanta COMDEX 5/24/94

Header Data

From: mlshew@netcom.com (Mark Shewmaker)
To: extropians@extropy.org
Message Hash: b41e53aab681b6d68ba7c216183d396717ae3eae674677ae085686ecc721cf1b
Message ID: <199405190249.TAA11212@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 18 May 94 19:50:08 PDT

Raw message

From: mlshew@netcom.com (Mark Shewmaker)
Date: Wed, 18 May 94 19:50:08 PDT
To: extropians@extropy.org
Subject: Lunch Tuesday at Atlanta COMDEX 5/24/94

You may recall my earlier message with the same subject line last week,
wherein I proposed that all interested Atlanta Comdex attendees meet
at noon Tuesday for lunch, above the food court in the CNN Center.

I also said that I would post an updated version of that earlier message
today, with appropriate error corrections, or time/place updates depending
upon the response.  (And include a listing of people attending for anyone
wanting to have their name on such a list.)

Well, now it doesn't seem as if there's much point in reposting the long
message at all, taking up the corresponding disk space for hundreds
of subscribers as well, as no one has yet responded to say they were coming.

(Although I did get mail in support of the endeavor--thanks!)

So either this means that extropians/cypherpunks are extremely paranoid
about such things, or that they tend to get behind in their mail, or the
most likely that they are not interested in flying across the country to
attend an MS-Windows convention in the first place.  (A rather healthy
attitude if I do say so myself--cypherpunks "write code", they don't
"sell inferior products.")

I still plan to be there, eating lunch in any event, so you can still come
up and chat.  Anyone who wants a copy of the original plan can read my
.plan by fingering me at mlshew@netcom.com, or getting it from ftp as
netcom.com:/pub/mlshew/plan

Mark Shewmaker
mlshew@netcom.com