1994-05-06 - Regarding Mr. Nalbandian’s Comments

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bdd7faf7f722304420273129d3cabfd2145dbeab85215c0b53c622adb3b991de
Message ID: <9405061637.AA06913@ah.com>
Reply To: <199405061020.DAA12320@nunki.usc.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-06 16:39:02 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 May 94 09:39:02 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Fri, 6 May 94 09:39:02 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Regarding Mr. Nalbandian's Comments

>	   You know, I keep hearing this- why is it that you all seem to think
>   that writing code is mutually exclusive from talking the politics of
>   cryptography? Is it so hard to do two things at one time??? I'm sorry, I
>   just don't get it..

To paraphrase Perry, the cypherpunks list assigns primacy to action.

The political discussions are meant to inform the design of the
software systems we're working on.  They do not stand alone, and as
soon as they do stand alone, they become irrelevant.

The Usenet newsgroup talk.politics.crypto is for political discussions
about cryptography of any sort whatsoever.

Eric

Thread