1994-05-27 - Re: Unicorn suit

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Message Hash: c25cf5a3f74b37d5e34d5304bedae59a6e2ed3dc885b9a67b15ca48f952a8eaa
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9405271640.A22713-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Reply To: <199405272154.AA05325@access1.digex.net>
UTC Datetime: 1994-05-27 23:45:49 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 27 May 94 16:45:49 PDT

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 94 16:45:49 PDT
To: Black Unicorn <unicorn@access.digex.net>
Subject: Re: Unicorn suit

C'punks,

I am surprised that many of you, including Tim, have completely failed to
examine the basic premise upon which the Unicorn suit rests.  No one has
called into question the dubious concept of "defamation."

Black Unicorn and I have been having a rousing debate on this point in
private e-mail.  Maybe it's time for a little more devil's advocacy on
this list.

For the majority (I think) of you who consider yourselves to be
"libertarians," where is TMP's violation of the principle of
"non-initiation"?  Don't answer to quickly, words of art have specific
meanings.  (Black Unicorn, this is a clue.)

For those of other political stripes, what's so bad about defamation?
I know most of you don't like it, but is their any philosophical or
logical bases for your antipathy?

 S a n d y

Thread