1994-06-01 - Re: PGS bug! (fwd)

Header Data

From: ER CRAMER <crame001@hio.tem.nhl.nl>
To: cypher <pgs-list@vox.hacktic.NL>
Message Hash: 030c6d3a8cdb676b633dea059eeb033658771dd675ca7350f3bdcc4a37137b6d
Message ID: <9406010850.AA01556@hio.tem.nhl.nl>
Raw Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 00:55:55 PDT

Raw message

From: ER CRAMER <crame001@hio.tem.nhl.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 94 00:55:55 PDT
To: cypher <pgs-list@vox.hacktic.NL>
Subject: Re: PGS bug! (fwd)

I tried to reply to this messages but it was bounced back to me...
So I mail it to this list...

> > 	I like your PGS shell a great deal. Thank you for writing it.
>
> Thank you for liking it ;-)
>
> > However, I have found what appears to be a small bug. I do not have my
> > keyrings in my pgp directory. They are in a separate directory, specified
> > via the PubRing, SecRing, and RandSeed directives in 'config.txt'. When I
> > load PGS, it checks my pgp directory for these files, does not find them,
> > and asks if I want to create a secret key ring. When I answer no, the
> > program generates a General Protection fault #13, which is gracefully
> > caught and handled by QEMM386, my memory manager.
>
> We don't support keyrings that aren't in the PGPPATH (at least not yet).
> To tell you the truth I didn't know of hte PubRing, SecRing and RandSeed
> directives... I guess I can take a look at it, maybe it's easy to change...
>
> If you answer NO on the question to create a keypair PGS should quit. I have
> know problem with QEMM myself. What version of QEMM do you use???

BTW: I tried out the PubRing and SecRing directives in my config.txt but
they where nog supported... Does anyone knows something about it???

... If you outlaw Privacy, only the Outlaws will have Privacy!

Eelco Cramer <crame001@hio.tem.nhl.nl> ------