1994-06-17 - Re: Prime magnitude and keys…a ?

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 1d14407e87b17d0239cfe6268826de83103b01edaebc131adeed9a420bacda04
Message ID: <199406171915.OAA11668@zoom.bga.com>
Reply To: <9406171853.AA02690@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-17 19:15:08 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 12:15:08 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 12:15:08 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: Prime magnitude and keys...a ?

> I tell you what, Jim. I'll pay you $10,000 if you can come up with an
> algorithm that factors numbers or even just breaks RSA in O(log(n))
> time or less (where n is the length of the number being factored or
> the public key). I'd offer more, but it would be cruel. If you don't
> know what the notation O(f(n)) means, please don't come back asking.
>
> Perry

Ok Perry, you are on. When I recieve a certified letter from your lawyer
with the appropriate paperwork detailing where the $10k is being held
in escrow I will have a certified letter sent to you aknowledeing
receipt of it. Short of that you are blowing smoke...

Thread