1994-06-16 - Did anyone see…

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3fa6144d71203e835508ee5b12fcf9ea7002537aa3fce60beeae91586cccff3f
Message ID: <199406162120.OAA04627@netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 14:20:58 PDT

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 14:20:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Did anyone see...

I was reading Usenet this morning before breakfast and came
across a very interesting series of messages to the effect that a
polynomial exists which generates exactly the prime numbers as
its set of positive values.

Such polynomials exist, the article argued, not only for the
property of primeness but for any computable property on the
natural numbers and stem from some deep result involving the
Riemann Zeta function and Hilbert's 10th problem.

I wanted to save this thread but now I can't find it again.  If
someone else read the same thread, could they drop me some Email
with the subject of the thread and the name of the newsgroup.

Thanks.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread