1994-06-24 - Re: PGP is the product of the week!

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 42c2d133b1a5d0890f24679e93356227560584db7e4ca7837498ff05104b01be
Message ID: <940623192504r4Tjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 18:50:57 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 18:50:57 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP is the product of the week!

"Claborne, Chris at SanDiegoCA" <claborne@microcosm.sandiegoca.NCR.COM>
writes:

>    PGP is Product of the Week in last weeks PCMag.
Good to hear it. Does this mean that PGP has become part of the
Establishment?

> 4.  Mentioned earlier... "Attack the NSA budget".  This can be a win and a
> loose since a smaller budget could lower our countries defenses.  It is
> possible that an attack on the budget would get them to lay off without any
> real action needing to be taken.
     This isn't truly an issue. The NSA had it's hey-day during the Cold
War.  Now that that's over, and the same level of effort can be attuned to
fewer enemies, one would think that they don't NEED a bigger budget.

                                        --Jeff
--
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|

Thread