1994-06-06 - Re: 6/6 New Yorker anti-crypto propaganda

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 470e309443d8303c1e50716e5479ec7b162a899fb27936bfde7b2004a898778a
Message ID: <9406060154.AA22143@toad.com>
Reply To: <940606010046_71431.2564_FHA46-1@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-06 01:55:00 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Jun 94 18:55:00 PDT

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.cs.hmc.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 94 18:55:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: 6/6 New Yorker anti-crypto propaganda

> From: "Bradley W. Dolan" <71431.2564@CompuServe.COM>
> In a few days, I received a reply from the writer, asking when my
> new column, "Pudlicker to the Celebrated," was going to start.

This guy even mentions that the flamer has a reputation at risk, but
apparently doesn't think of the normal social response: publicizing
the gist of this little exchange of e-mail.

> groups on the net, I came upon a subject line that said, "Ralph
> Berkeley made homosexual advances toward me."  Ralph Berkeley
> (I'm not using his real name) is a regular participant in
> discussions of net policy, who appears, on the evidence of his
> posts, to be an articulate and thoughtful man,

Apparently the writer didn't stick around to read the rest of this
thread, in which the poster was roundly excoriated as a putz, even
by people with little fondness for David Sternlight.

Yeesh.  I think I'll write a letter to the _New Yorker_, though they
won't publish it.

   Eli   ebrandt@hmc.edu

Thread