1994-06-17 - (None)

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6dbad193e9c4edcc2893b3f097dcd988cf0debd79ff3925088f0dbc9dda54f97
Message ID: <940617160624Y4Wjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 13:50:36 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 13:50:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (None)

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com> writes:

> algorithm that factors numbers or even just breaks RSA in O(log(n))
> time or less (where n is the length of the number being factored or
> the public key). I'd offer more, but it would be cruel. If you don't
> know what the notation O(f(n)) means, please don't come back asking.
     Well, I don't know what it means. If you'd care to tell me, even in
mail, I'd like to know. I've been following this thread with interest, but
I don't pretend to follow this X(f(y)) notation all the time. I understand
that it means we are applying function X to the result of f(y)... Anyone
who's passed Trig or Elem. Functions does. I don't understand what
function O(x) represents.

                                          --Jeff
--
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|

Thread