1994-06-22 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp [Sysadmin])
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Message Hash: 6e8eb857ff7ed8b0ee1dbf4f3cff128f3d4607059d830d2fc49b0f7064b9ee9b
Message ID: <m0qGL7W-0004EcC@khijol.uucp>
Reply To: <199406220214.TAA00451@servo.qualcomm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-22 12:40:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 05:40:59 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc (Ed Carp [Sysadmin])
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 05:40:59 PDT
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Subject: Re: your mail

> An even better idea: disconnect the antenna. Most of the noise comes
> from the front end amplifier, not the galactic and cosmic background,
> at least in your average consumer grade receiver. And this is a quantum
> process that someone else definitely can't predict or copy.

And if that doesn't work, crawl up the spectrum a bit.  The higher in
frequency you go, the more thermal noise you'll see.

Gee, it's *good* to be able to write something intelligent in response to
one of Phil's posts... :)
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG/VE3	ecarp@netcom.com, Ed.Carp@linux.org

"What's the sense of trying hard to find your dreams without someone to share
it with, tell me, what does it mean?"        -- Whitney Houston, "Run To You"

Thread