1994-06-22 - Re: Unofficial Release

Header Data

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
To: bryner@atlas.chem.utah.edu
Message Hash: 99381de3b7b7ccea9b3272dc35a0ee3f23219684e1c5aa509ddeaeeeb7de1fae
Message ID: <m0qGWa2-000I7XC@crynwr.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9406221330.A20389-0100000@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-22 19:57:06 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 12:57:06 PDT

Raw message

From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 12:57:06 PDT
To: bryner@atlas.chem.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Unofficial Release

   Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 13:18:51 -0600 (MDT)
   From: Roger Bryner <bryner@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
   Cc: cypherpunks@toad.com

   On Wed, 22 Jun 1994, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
   > The conversation was predicated on the notion that no major
   > breakthrough in factoring has occured, as I explicitly said. A minor
   What reason do you have to believe that this will be the case?  Why is it
   foolish to use available and cheap computer power to hedge your bets?

Because you might be reading your mail on an HP-100LX with a
silly-pissant 8088.  Cheap and availabile?  Only if you're willing to
carry a heavy computer around with you.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)    | Quakers do it in the light
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.

Thread