1994-06-11 - “Persistent Institutions” (Re: Timed-Release Crypto)

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 99bb726dde5397f8c7b4f7b63791fece13da261d00442aed4065daaaa6dd98ec
Message ID: <199406110549.WAA02906@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 22:48:59 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 94 22:48:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "Persistent Institutions" (Re: Timed-Release Crypto)

Here's the last of these articles I plan to forward. This one mentions the
"persistent institutions" idea (based on timed-release crypto mediated by
mutually suspicious agents) I have mentioned at times. (I need to do a
major piece on this, as my comments are mainly scattered in various
places.)

Dave Deltorto was asking about hardware failure of the host machines as a
practical concern and this is what I was initially responding to.

--Tim