1994-06-08 - Re: Cyberspace is by nature crime-free

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: mgream@acacia.itd.uts.edu.au (Matthew Gream)
Message Hash: b80964d2b12f5b3b224f537331c9e61b9b26768957ade10b0fae0ee33bd312dd
Message ID: <199406081555.IAA23639@netcom.com>
Reply To: <9406080736.AA25638@acacia.itd.uts.EDU.AU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-08 15:55:54 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 08:55:54 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 08:55:54 PDT
To: mgream@acacia.itd.uts.edu.au (Matthew Gream)
Subject: Re: Cyberspace is by nature crime-free

Matthew Gream writes

I wrote:
> > Not a crime.
>
> Is in Australia, probably in other countries as well. Naturally
> there are going to be problems with international aspects of
> crime in this respect, jurisdictions and so on, but those are
> only technicalities -- the crime can easily occur in a localised
> environment.

Witchcraft is also illegal in Australia.  When was the last
prosecution for sedition?

During the many decades I lived in Australia there was never
a prosecution for sedition, and there was plenty of sedition.

Has the place turned totalitarian since I left?

We have the right to defend ourselves and our    |
property, because of the kind of animals that we |         James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from |
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.     |         jamesd@netcom.com

Thread