1994-06-17 - Re: swipe working on infinity.c2.org

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@imsi.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bc12da0cd7d52499edbaee40bd52b0a69a8d16ecfd2c4b40ad248a75f46f0fa9
Message ID: <9406171322.AA02025@snark.imsi.com>
Reply To: <199406170504.WAA12073@infinity.c2.org>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-17 13:22:35 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 06:22:35 PDT

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 06:22:35 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: swipe working on infinity.c2.org

Oh, I'll also point out that yours truly distributed 150 disks with
the swIPe code on it at Usenix. Right now, I'm concentrating on the IP
stack as the most productive place to seal crypto in.

Also by the way, I've come to the conclusion that there are several
major flaws in the design of PGP that will make it impossible to scale
network wide. It is, for instance, impossible to design a reasonable
distributed key management architecture because the key IDs are
essentially random 64 bit numbers without any structure. I'm saddened
by this, but not truly horrified. PGP is a cool start to the
"encryption everywhere everyday" movement, but it is only a start, and
one can't be overly attached to any one design.

Perry

Thread