1994-06-05 - Re: NYT article

Header Data

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bfa32083061f60f339bb115776f171d7e926ab07d3ef59fa87b63dbd0a7fab85
Message ID: <MhwH2U200iUz02raZO@andrew.cmu.edu>
Reply To: <199406030108.AA27353@xtropia>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-05 01:57:36 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 4 Jun 94 18:57:36 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeremiah A Blatz <darklord+@CMU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 94 18:57:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: NYT article

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 2-Jun-94 NYT article by Ezekial
Palmer@anon.pene
> ``Anyone interested in circumventing law-enforcement access would most
> likely choose simpler alternatives,'' Michael A. Smith, the agency's
> director of policy, said in a written statement in response to a
> reporter's questions. ``More difficult and time-consuming efforts, like
> those discussed in the Blaze paper are very unlikely to be employed.''

Right, until the clipperphone conversion units come out. It's too hard
for the average drug dealer/terrorist to do, just like making a
cellphone that generates a random ID number every time you pick it up.
:-7

The street finds its own use for things

Jer

darklord@cmu.edu | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
finger me for my |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Geek Code and |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
  PGP public key | http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/

Thread