1994-06-03 - Mailer questions

Header Data

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c38af24c1ed56e57bf5634886a879c9daaa2881419d81140e2b22997be58fb90
Message ID: <199406030508.WAA18218@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 22:07:08 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 22:07:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mailer questions

I have a few questions about the Cypherpunk remailers that
hopefully someone can answer for me:

What is the maximum length of a "Request-Remailing-To:" header?
Can several of them be inserted for lengthy lists?  Regarding the
"mail-to-Usenet" posting gateways, where you typically replace
the dots in newsgroup names with hyphens, what about groups that
have hyphens in their names?  Can the posting software tell the
hyphens apart?

I understand that several of the headers can be changed by using
a "##" token instead of "::".  Which ones can be changed and
which ones can't?

Has anyone had any experience chaining from a Cypherpunk-style
remailer to anon.penet.fi?  Can a "::" separator be used
successfully, or which format will work?

-----

Thread