1994-06-21 - (None)

Header Data

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c97263a48cee82ff30323b232b47fc804b824d2e104e5731743b072806989a99
Message ID: <940618160035w4yjgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 05:51:07 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Gostin <jgostin@eternal.pha.pa.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 05:51:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: (None)

tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May) writes:

> And an even better solution is for folks to have their own private
> machines and access to one of the cheap Internet service providers
> springing up all around. Then they won't have to worry about their
> corporations "snooping" in their e-mail files. Or restricting them
> about using PGP or other crypto.
     Isn't Cleveland Freenet still giving out freebie accounts? If they
are, that's a good place to start.

> Having your own computer means never having to say you're sorry.
     That's why I have my own computer and net.access. I'm the only admin
making silly rules now! :-)

> (I fear laws telling corporations they *can't* snoop as much as I fear
> Clipper. The reasons are obvious, to me at least, and I can expand on
> this point if anyone's really interested.)
Me too, don't worry. :-)

                                   --Jef
--
  ==    ==        | The new, improved, environmentally safe, bigger, better,|

Thread