1994-06-02 - Re: News Flash: Clipper Bug?

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d3c6b8afd4f3e36992e548f3df8385afb037274a51c559e2b13ef656017089b7
Message ID: <199406022007.VAA03682@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 13:08:08 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 94 13:08:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: News Flash: Clipper Bug?

: > One thing this shows, even if the application of the technique turns out
: > to be too difficult to be practical, is that Dorothy Denning's evaluation
: > of the design was worthless.  That team should have found this themselves.
: > No wonder she was trying to play it down in the NYT.

: It was my understanding that Denning was just looking at the Skipjack
: algorithm, and not the clipper unit as a whole.  I wouldn't be too quick
: to condemn her on this point.

In which case it exposes the sham terms of reference that the committee
accepted to work under.  Either way, they lose.