1994-06-08 - Remailers: What to do with improperly addressed anon mail?

Header Data

From: ghio@cmu.edu (Matthew Ghio)
To: N/A
Message Hash: d850baddd0b1e6aa9dd1b96120be049d7abf8a7e2a48d845a0a1d2b3ef73e2d5
Message ID: <9406082049.AA18585@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 13:50:43 PDT

Raw message

From: ghio@cmu.edu (Matthew Ghio)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 13:50:43 PDT
Subject: Remailers: What to do with improperly addressed anon mail?

jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence) asked:

> Out of curiousity, how do you handle this mail? The thought occurred to me
> once in thinking about the ethics of remailers. What do you do with it?

Well, what should I do with it?  Sometimes I send them a note and tell them
what they did wrong...  but sometimes people then get upset because they
think I'm spying on them or reading their mail or something.  So other times
I just delete it and let them figure it out on their own.

Thread