1994-06-06 - Re: Help A Novice Understand

Header Data

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
To: harveyrj@vt.edu (R. J. Harvey)
Message Hash: e6e7ace130992d3b0479fbe2fde9cc21b1412401dd81b501e22222019b517ef5
Message ID: <199406062035.NAA20802@netcom.com>
Reply To: <9406061917.AA10779@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-06-06 20:35:25 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 13:35:25 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 94 13:35:25 PDT
To: harveyrj@vt.edu (R. J. Harvey)
Subject: Re: Help A Novice Understand

> >Someone said that Sternlight is a high-placed govt official.  I don't
> >believe this.

(That someone was me, folks.)

According to Tommy <nobody@soda.berkeley.edu>
  David Sternlight is a member of the council on foreign
  relations (pg. 176 of the 1993 Annual Report of the CFR)

  The following Executive Branch officials are also
  members of this organization:

  William J. Clinton, President
  Lloyd Cutler, Counsel to the President
  George Stephanopoulos, Senior Advisor
  David Gergen, Assistant to the President for Communications
  W. Anthony Lake, Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs
  Samuel R. Berger, Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security
  Adm. William Crowe, Jr., Chairman, Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board
  John H. Gibbons, Director, Office of Science and Technology Policy
  Gen. Gordon R. Sullivan, Chief of Staff, Army     \
  Gen. Merrill A. McPeak, Chief of Staff, Air Force  > Joint Chiefs of Staff
  Gen. Carl E. Mundy, Commandant, Marine Corps      /
  R. James Woolsey, Director of Central Intelligence
  Adm. William O. Studeman, Deputy Director of Central Intelligence
  Joseph S. Nye, Jr., Chairman, National Intelligence Council

  **Stephan Breyer, Current nominee to the Supreme Court
  **Alan Greenspan, Chairman of the Federal Reserve

(Paranoid commentary by Tommy edited out)

R. J. Harvey writes
> I would likewise
> be amazed if "Dr. Sternlight" was indeed a 'highly placed' govt
> official, if for no other reason than it would be inconceivable
> for any branch of our government that's supposed to operate in secret
> to allow the stream of effluent that he generates over the net to
> appear _with attribution_.

Compared to your typical high government official, David
Sternlight is a genius.  Indeed if they were all as smart
as he is, I would be slightly worried - but only very
slightly.  :-)

We have the right to defend ourselves and our    |
property, because of the kind of animals that we |         James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from |
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.     |         jamesd@netcom.com

Thread