1994-06-14 - Re: remailer exposing sender

Header Data

From: usura@vox.hacktic.nl (Usura)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fc390412eb595c63c0bce6e28b49a2edf1a9dfdb2da190648b92942ec931f66d
Message ID: <061594004647Rnf0.78@vox.hacktic.nl >
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 16:07:50 PDT

Raw message

From: usura@vox.hacktic.nl  (Usura)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 16:07:50 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: remailer exposing sender

trollins@debbie.telos.com (Tom Rollins) writes:

>I am concerned about a the security of using a remailer
>such as remailer@soda.berkeley.edu. My concern is that
>after an anonymous message has been sent or posted.
>Someone could then send a message to the sender using
>the encrypted address supplied by the remailer. This
>message which is sent back through the remailer could
>be composed of known text which then could be traced
>back to the originator system of the anonymous sender.
>Any comments would be appreciated.

If you use the vox remailers, and you have added your PGP key tho my
keyring, all mail send to a key [adress] wich is in my keyring will be
encrypted using that key. Since vox is an UUCP site, time correlation is
less of a problem. Of course if your message is the only one that has been
encrypted, then ....

>				thanks, tom

Youre welcome

--