1994-07-14 - Re: “True Names,” chat with Vinge, and Cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
To: perry@imsi.com
Message Hash: 07972c9c909e67e9e0440684a71edd3a469f0ac7eb75b2a4c5fed819d8008b34
Message ID: <199407140938.CAA25784@servo.qualcomm.com>
Reply To: <9407131332.AA13124@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-14 09:39:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 02:39:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 94 02:39:30 PDT
To: perry@imsi.com
Subject: Re: "True Names," chat with Vinge, and Cypherpunks

>Considering that we couldn't manage to get JI and Matt Blaze on for
>the swIPe session, if anyone really wants to do this it should be
>worked on several days in advance of the meeting...

Yeah, sounds like a clean sweep. I spent Saturday afternoon trying to
get the mbone working on my workstation. I was unsuccessful. (It
hasn't worked ince I upgraded to a Sparc 10, not that I spent much
time on it before). I strongly suspect that our $#@!! firewall was to
blame.

Puncturing fascist firewalls was one of the reasons I suggested swIPe
in the first place...

Phil

Thread