1994-07-01 - What motivates crypto-folk?

Header Data

From: Eric_Weaver@avtc.sel.sony.com (Eric Weaver)
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: 0d13d132b1ad53d34c74097312a15807a2992eb4708c3741a287891b33610464
Message ID: <9407011748.AA07853@sosfc.avtc.sel.sony.com>
Reply To: <199407011643.JAA27139@netcom4.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-01 17:50:20 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 10:50:20 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric_Weaver@avtc.sel.sony.com (Eric Weaver)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 10:50:20 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: What motivates crypto-folk?

   From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
   Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 09:43:48 -0700 (PDT)

	[...]

   But I mostly agree with everything Mats has said. Leftists should take
   heart that crypto anarchy also reduces the power of corporations (many
   of whom climb into bed with government the first chance they get to
   suppress competition, get favorable laws and patents, etc. As
   Mussolini said, "Fascism *is* corporatism.")

Now where have I heard that?    ;-}

   Many leftists I know claim to be anti-capitalist, naturally. But they
   are often deeply market-oriented, participating in "farmer's markets"
   with zeal. To libertarians, of course, this *is* capitalism! (Read
   Karl Hess' "Capitalism for Kids" for an easy treatment of this. Lots
   of other libertarian books, too.)

Sigh!  Tell me, do you subscribe to Bill Bradford's rag "Liberty" too?
I can never throw away "Lassiez Faire Books" catalogs, even though
they have a pathological worship for Nathan Blumenthal...

Thread