1994-07-12 - Re: **Customs Goes For Encryption – And It’s Not Clipper 07/11/94 (fwd)

Header Data

From: jamesh@netcom.com (James Hightower)
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Message Hash: 12731b8783c4f8737af814417cee448a1803335365739da9e9299d3e6974ccf6
Message ID: <199407120328.UAA07945@netcom12.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9407120200.AA03322@prism.poly.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-07-12 03:58:33 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 20:58:33 PDT

Raw message

From: jamesh@netcom.com (James Hightower)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 20:58:33 PDT
To: rarachel@prism.poly.edu (Arsen Ray Arachelian)
Subject: Re: ****Customs Goes For Encryption -- And It's Not Clipper 07/11/94 (fwd)

> It's obvious that the government is trying to suppress all knowledge that
> fully featured strong crypto systems exists on the market and DO NOT USE DES.
> It's also obvious that they're using this IRE system, not because Clipper isn't
> available, but because it's probably stronger than clipper anyway.

This brings to mind the fact that govornment agencies, as well as
private citizens, can be the victims of wiretap abuse. I would find it
hard to beleve that the TLA's aren't keeping tabs on each other.

Is there other evidence of non-acceptance of clipper by U.S. Gov. agencies?

JJH
--
My loathings are simple:
stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.      -Vladimir Nabokov

Thread