1994-07-23 - Re: Schneier

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 13c0d0dc3d2f428b5118d17fa8b00839466a2aab97710d47cdb1d90f32f666f3
Message ID: <gate.gaHwPc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 06:54:49 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 94 06:54:49 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Schneier

tim werner <vikram!werner@mc.ab.com>:
> I ordered [Schneier's] book, when it first came out, from the local Borders book
> store.  When I went to pick it up, they told me that if I decided to buy it
> I could not return it, since it was not a book that they would otherwise
> not stock it
> Today I was there checking out the computer books, and they had a copy on
> the shelf, so I guess it was in enough demand that they decided to stock it.

I found a few copies in a local bookshop the other day. When it first came out,
I thought I'd have to order it, and was pleasantly surprised to find it already
in stock. But then I buy books on discount from an academic distributor, so
that was probably to be expected.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread