1994-07-27 - Re: XSPLIT now own ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

Header Data

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1d708c11a325d6bac41f180010d8d75a7f6efd0a1bfc6342b675d9e232f68ae2
Message ID: <199407271438.PAA29976@an-teallach.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 07:39:07 PDT

Raw message

From: gtoal@an-teallach.com (Graham Toal)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 94 07:39:07 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: XSPLIT now own ftp.wimsey.bc.ca

: XSPLIT takes a file, generates n-1 random numbers, writes those random numbers
: out to each of the n-1 files, and for the nth file it takes the XOR of all N
: random numbers, and XORs it with the plaintext.  This way, you get to split
: your file in such a way as to require all pieces of it in order to rebuild it.

Where do you get your random numbers?  (This could be susceptible to
the usual PRNG reverse-engineering techniques...)

PS I know I should fetch it and look for myself, but I'm fighting
alligators here again.

Thread