1994-07-18 - Re: Card Playing Protocol?

Header Data

From: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
To: s009amf@discover.wright.edu
Message Hash: 22fdf797bd14b3157973d7aeebb1f747ab90d38a7ab89d008d94ce0030cd3401
Message ID: <199407180510.AA16311@world.std.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 22:11:03 PDT

Raw message

From: kentborg@world.std.com (Kent Borg)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 94 22:11:03 PDT
To: s009amf@discover.wright.edu
Subject: Re: Card Playing Protocol?

s009amf@discover.wright.edu writes:
>The only problem is if a government spy is listening on this
>conversation, he is going to learn how to play this game to and learn how
>to intercept the messages and therefore learn how to decode the messages...

Oh, I sure hope the spooks are listening, but I don't intend that
their knowing the protocol will help them cheat at cards any more then
having the PGP source will let them read messages encrypted by it.
That is what cryptography is all about.

Note, depending on how things land thrid parties might have no
difficulty watching the play without a superencrypting--I don't yet
know.

-kb

Thread