1994-07-15 - Re: Card Playing Protocol?

Header Data

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2fc1362a63d709e83a996eef45b06d3e6e2e52a597171017968eaa3ac1881d68
Message ID: <9407152306.AA28268@ralph.sybgate.sybase.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 16:07:48 PDT

Raw message

From: jamiel@sybase.com (Jamie Lawrence)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 16:07:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Card Playing Protocol?

At  6:44 PM 07/15/94 -0400, Kent Borg wrote:

>Comments?  Suggestions for a game other than cards that would be
>better or more suitable?

What about implementing a Multiplayer Game Protocol? That way,
you can play cards, checkers, chess, Life(TM), -  all those
games that used to be really popular circa precolor macintoshes.

Have an API for game developers to plug into and let the net.gaming
begin.

>Is anyone already working on a Card Playing Protocol?

Not that I know of, but this is both good and silly enough
that I might see if I can find some time. Need to bone back up
on real coding...

>-kb, the Kent who tries to cause trouble

jl, the Jamie who appreciates the subtle.

-j
--
"Blah Blah Blah"
Jamie Lawrence                                  <jamiel@sybase.com>