1994-07-11 - PGP for Russia…

Header Data

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 33a7d6ea7188c8a5134e52b97eec311f75b4d19b9e8246250a4cb4fb48143be7
Message ID: <gate.D5Z8oc1w165w@dxm.ernet.in>
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Jul 94 22:20:06 PDT

Raw message

From: rishab@dxm.ernet.in
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 94 22:20:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP for Russia...

"Robert M. Humphrey" <Robert@rmh.khabarovsk.su>:
> Anyone with any ideas how I can get going on PGP or something else under
> the circumstances would be more than welcome.

Do you have telnet/ftp access? I believe the .su domain does have full Internet
connectivity... If you do, you should pick up PGP version 2.6ui from
ftp.dsi.unimi.it /pub/security/crypt/PGP/pgp26uix.zip

Even if you're a US citizen you can't export PGP from the US under US law, so
don't try it from CompuServe.

If you don't have net access, the only way is to have someone split PGP into
dozens of UUENCODED parts and mail it to you. If no one else volunteers to
do this from outside the US, ask me. (Yes, I am lazy, and maybe someone's
already got a split UUENCODED PGP ;-)

Rishab

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh             "Clean the air! clean the sky! wash the wind!
rishab@dxm.ernet.in                   take stone from stone and wash them..."
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA

Thread